UPDATE: The weekend was a success! Read about it here:
If you have any questions that aren’t answered here, put them in the comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to answer them.
When and Where is it?
Friday, September 30, there is an informal social evening with the Leader, Janet Keeping, starting at 6 pm.
Where: Getto Boys Burgers & Ribs, downstairs. This is a no-host evening, so be prepared to buy your own food and drink.
Address: 720 16 Ave NW
Calgary, AB T2M0J8
Saturday, October 1, the AGM runs from 830 until 5 pm. The new executive meets at 5, but the rest of us are free until dinner at 545, going till about 730.
Where: Calgary – SAIT, Ambrosia Room, Campus Centre
SAIT is at the corner of 14th Street and 16 Avenue NW and is easily reached by the C-Train. The stop is called SAIT. The Campus Centre building is very close to the C-Train.
Sunday, October 2, the Policy Convention runs from 830 until 430. Immediately after that, there will be a brief reminder from the Green Party of Canada about their Special General Meeting coming up in December.
Where: Same room as Saturday.
What’s on the agenda?
Lots! Here’s a link to the detailed agenda.
What about voting?
On Saturday, there is a varied program and part of the day is given to the election of new members to the Executive Council.
Links to Candidate Profiles and Ballot
Here are the Candidate Profiles, previously emailed to members.
Here is a page where you may enter relevant comments. These will be visible to the public.
Here is the Ballot with voting instructions.
On Sunday, the entire day is given to the Policy Convention, with a speaker at lunch.
How to vote for the Executive Council members on Saturday
- You need to be a current member and have been a member for 30 days in order to vote.
- The best way to vote is to attend the meeting and vote in person by secret ballot OR
- If you cannot attend in person, you may email your ballot before 5 p.m. on Friday to email@example.com. The links to the Candidate Profiles and the Ballot, with instructions, are above. If you have concerns about voting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Proxy voting is not allowed. You can vote by email in advance, or you can vote in person, but you cannot bring someone else’s vote to the meeting on their behalf.
- No matter how many candidates there are for a given office, you also have the choice of voting for NOTA: None Of The Above for any office.
How to vote on Policy on Sunday, with link to Motions to be Considered and Comment page
- There are no email votes on policy. Everything is done in person by a show of hands after discussion.
- As with the Executive Council election, you must have been a member for 30 days in order to vote.
- The Policy Convention lasts all day Sunday.
- The policies to be considered can be found at this link: GPA Policy Motions. If you wish to comment publicly on the policies, this page accepts comments.
How much does it cost and what’s included?
Pay what you can, by way of a donation to the Party.
You have two choices,
- Purchase a 3-year membership upon arrival, for $25 OR
- Pay $30 at the door.
- The members have already paid for their memberships and are being asked for a pay what you can donation. Please consider giving more if you are able.
Program and Meals
Program Highlights have been emailed out already. The detailed agenda will be posted shortly.
Food and drink: Lunch both days; Saturday dinner; light refreshments during both days.
**** YOU MUST RSVP IF YOU WANT TO EAT! LET US KNOW BY END OF DAY TUESDAY. If we hear from you after that, we’ll try and order your food but we can’t guarantee it.
RSVP to email@example.com
What’s not included
Parking – SAIT charges for parking. Consider using the C-Train if that’s convenient for you.
Accommodation – You are responsible for your own, but there is a possibility SAIT may still have some dorm rooms at reasonable rates. This is the information we have:
“For out of town residents, there may be some rooms available in SAIT dorms. These are two-bedroom units at $115/night, including parking and breakfast. Don’t wait, this is an attractive price! To arrange, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. ”
Also, it is possible there are some billets available. Those desiring billets or Calgary residents who can offer billets should contact president@greenpartyofalberta.
How can I support the Party on the weekend?
1. Show up.
2. Bring something good for the Silent Auction. Something you think someone else would love to buy and take home.
3. Bring cash and buy a T-shirt or two. We’ll have a special deal on a brand new shipment of shirts.
4. Get to know the candidates before you vote on Saturday. Read their bios, ask them questions.
5. Read over the policies before you come. Make your views known on Sunday.
6. Don’t wait for the weekend: RSVP Now! And if you’re a social media user, tell everyone who might be interested to RSVP and come along.
Any questions? Please post them in the comments.